Monday, May 27, 2013

Meet the Maker - Katie Grech - Clear Conscience Soap Company

Who doesn't love handmade soap?  It is always on my must buy list at every market I attend!  Today's interview is with one of our newest members and maker of amazing soap, Katie from Clear Conscience Soap Company!!


How would you describe your work?
Handmade glycerin soap for healthy skin and hair.

How did your Etsy shop come into being?
I discovered that I loved making soap, and ended up with hundreds of bars in my spare room.  I started giving them to friends who encouraged me to start selling them so we set up the online store!


Who or what inspires you?
We all need to live more naturally, and be mindful of the chemicals in the skincare products.  These are usually added to reduce the cost, but they can cause allergic reactions and are toxic to humans and the environment.

Do you reduce, reuse, recycle as part of your creative process?  If so, how is your art/craft eco-friendly?
Clear Conscience products are eco-friendly because they contain mostly natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals

Can you describe your studio/work area?
My kitchen!!  I mix ingredients on the bench and melt oils on the stove..and of course my least favourite part, clean up in the sink.


What is your favourite thing to make?
My favourite thing to do is create new recipes, and I especially love it when they're successful.

How did you decide on your business name?
My customers can have a Clear Conscience when using my products because they are eco-friendly.


Where do you hope to see your creative journey taking you in the next 12 months?
I hope to stop using synthetic colours and fragrances completely, and be producing more organic products.

What is your favourite handmade item that you have bought?
I just bought a fabulous handmade apron from Etsy!

Where can we find you online?
www.clearconsciencesoapcompany.com
www.facebook.com/clearconsciencesoapcompany

Thanks so much for sharing your process and ideas with us Kate, I know I'm looking forward to trying some of your soap soon!!

xSam


No comments: