Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BrisStylette Melanie takes part in World's Greatest Shave!


BrisStylette Melanie from Kimono Reincarnate is taking part in the World's Greatest Shave for the Leukaemia Foundation! Here's a little snippet from Melanie:

"When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, a rather rare form of lymphoma, in November last year, it was a shock to say the very least. I had no idea what to expect, what my role of carer was to be and how on earth I was going to manage it all with a new baby. Right from the start the Leukaemia Foundation stepped in. They offered caring advice and support, explained the treatment in much more detail than his doctor had time to do and were instantly like a new friend at our sides, one that I knew I could turn to at anytime. They continue to be there for us and have brightened up some very dark days. Through his treatment we continue to meet more people that have been helped by the Foundation in many ways including access to financial support and with accommodation for the families patients and their families.

So this year, I'm showing my passion for this cause and helping raise money by shaving off all my hair (down to a number two blade)."

You can show your support for Melanie by heading to her sponsorship page here and follow Melanie's progress on her blog here.

9 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

My heart goes out to Melanie and her little family. She has such a positive spirit and is so much braver than I am.

Let's all get behind her and make her brave actions well worth the while.

Helen said...

I'll say! What an absolute inspiration xoxo can't wait to see what gorgeous Kimono Reincarnate creations you design to wrap up your new non-do!

The Luekemia Foundation sure rocks and more importantly so does Mr Mel - lots' of love going your way.

xh

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

She's awesome & will raise a fortune. Love Posie

'Bellabjoux' said...

Mel,

What an inspiration! I will be following you. Ditto about raising the fortune. You are a star & Mr Mel too. Blessings, rock on...
Hugs Jacqui

Amalou said...

Well done Melanie. I've just sponsored you :)

I wish you and your husband all the best and hope tall the days in your future are bright.

Chrisy said...

Best of luck for raising lots of funds for this worthy cause. I'm sure you'll look gorgeous with your no 2!

littlechrissy said...

Good for you brave soul!

Kazza said...

I am taking part in Shave for A Cure aswell. I am shaving it all off for my mother in law that passed away from Luekemia last Friday (29th Jan)she was living with Luekemia for the past 5 years and was one month to go until she was out of remission, then on our wedding day, we found out it came back. She was a fighter until the end, and she will be missed dearly, but never forgotten. It sucks what life can throw at you sometimes and that you love the speical people in your life. Mel, you are a brave lady, cant wait to see your pics, I will show you mine aswell. I cant wait, I am so excited to shave my hair off, all of it and to think that I am doing it to raise money for a very worthy cause and for Robyn, my mum in law and the Nan of my boys.
If you can, please support me and this wrothy cause
http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?SID=90671

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and support! The fundraising is going well.... mmmm... now to really start worrying about how I'm going to look bald :)