Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Behind the Scenes with Starring Nobody!

This week the BrisStyle team was lucky enough to steal a glimpse into the world of fashion forward accessories label, Starring Nobody! Designed and made in Brisbane by Kirsten Morrison.

How would you describe your work?
I would describe our accessories as affordable everyday pieces for the fashion forward girl on the go!


How did your Etsy shop come into being?
I lived overseas in Europe for just over a year, and was amazed at the affordability and quality of the high street fashion.  Absolutely amazing pieces for a steal! Being surrounded by such incredible, interesting and daring fashions for a year definitely inspired me, and I wanted to bring a little piece of it home with me to share.


Who or What inspires you?
I am inspired by a little bit of everything! High end fashion designers that take risks in ready to wear fashion such as Alexander McQueen, Sass & Bide, Balmain, Ellie Tahari and Proenza Schouler, as well as other emerging designers, vintage and street style.


Can you describe your studio/work area?
My home is my studio right now! I'm sure that anyone that is starting out can empathise that there is literally bits and pieces everywhere, taking over the dining room table, bookshelves, floor space - you name it! Hopefully in the next few years or so I would like to own my own studio, so that everyone can once again dine at the table at home.


What is your favourite thing in the shop at the moment?
My favourite item in the shop right now is the "Hear Me Roar" Fringing Bib Necklace.  It is such a statement item that can easily transition from day to night.


Do you have any other places that people can view/purchase your work?

Apart from my Etsy shop, I also sell on Made It and am also stocked at 'The Tribune' on Arthur Street for any Brisbane dwellers.  For updates and sneak peeks you can also view my blog.

Thank-you for taking the time to speak to us Kirsten!

3 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

Beautiful work Kirsten. Oh, to be young enough to wear them!

BettsyKingston said...

unique and beautiful.

strat designs said...

Fantastic work - Congratulations Kirsten. Lovely original ideas and designs.