Friday, March 4, 2011
Etsy 101: Coupon Codes!
‘Coupon Codes' are one of the newest tools to be added to Etsy. Gone are the days of revising PayPal invoices to reflect shop discounts! ‘Coupon Codes’ make having an Etsy shop sale hassle free and a whole lot more appealing!
A little bit about ‘Coupon Codes’:
· A ‘Coupon Code’ applies to all items in your Etsy store.
· The ‘Coupon Code’ discount is automatically applied at checkout. No need for revising PayPal invoices!
· Etsy’s 3.5% transaction fee applies to the discounted product price, not the original price!
· You can create and change the status of a ‘Coupon Code’ by going to ‘Your Account’ and ‘Coupon Codes’. Codes can be easily de-activated and activated. Deactivated codes cannot be used at checkout.
· Once a new ‘Coupon Code’ has been created, the name and discount amount cannot be altered. If a ‘Coupon Code’ is deleted you cannot re-use the same ‘coupon code’ in the future.
To find out more about creating your own ‘Coupon Codes’ and ways in which they can be used, read this useful Etsy article.
Have you used ‘Coupon Codes’ in your Etsy shop? Let us know what you think of them by leaving us a comment below.