Sunday, July 17, 2011

In the Spotlight: Mum's Cupboard

This week the BrisStyle team 'took 5' with Anita Gosden from Mum's Cupboard to talk all things craft!

How would you describe your work?
Varied, a little eclectic and constantly changing.


How did your Etsy shop come into being?
Quite by accident, simply put I wanted to join BrisStyle and it was a requirement.

Who or What inspires you?
Other artisans inspire me and so do colours.  I LOVE COLOUR. I'd hate to be a dog and only see in black and white (if that urban myth is true).


Do you 'reduce, reuse, recycle' as part of your creative process? If yes, how is your art/craft eco-friendly?
Yes, I definitely 'reduce, reuse, recycle' everything. I love the challenge of making something out of nothing. That's also how I cook, I can make a fabulous meal out of seemingly nothing in the fridge.  Just ask my husband - I'm actually pretty good at it.  Originally craft began long before craft shops were ever around. Imagination and Mum's Cupboard were all you needed. I treasure a pair of slippers a friend's Mum gave me. They are knitted from old panty hose (I'm wearing them now). Can you believe it! Now that is what I call craft.


Can you describe your studio/work area?
Always messy. We live in a two room flat (three if you count the bathroom). It used to be a garage and my brother-in-law built an extra room onto it so he could live here many years ago with his wife and two little toddlers.  Well the extension is our kitchen/lounge/bedroom and hubby's soundroom but the second room (the garage) is mine. All mine. It's better than nothing. I have two tables set up and the stereo. It works.

What is your favourite thing in the shop at the moment?
I love my vintage fabric bag. It's made of a sheer fabric and is reversible and I was given the idea for it by Paula, the lovely lady who supplied all the vintage fabric that she had inherited from a dear elderly friend.


Do you have any other places that people can view/purchase your work?



Thank-you Anita for sharing your creative inspirations with us!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Fabulous interview! I love Mum's Cupboard, such beautiful stuff!