“I have chosen to undertake this challenge because I am able bodied, and I feel like this is something I can do to make my little mark on changing or improving the lives of others. One of my favourite quotes is by Gandhi to “Be the change you wish to see in the world”.”
Kirsten hopes to raise $10 000 for Amnesty International Australia. Traveling to Kenya doesn’t come cheap so to help support her journey, Kirsten has organised a clothes swap.
WHY CLOTHES SWAP?- It's environmentally friendly
- It's a great way to get something in return for your unwanted clothes
- It's fun!
HOW DOES IT WORK?- You buy your $30 ticket which entitles you to the swap, a goodie bag and refreshments on the day!
- On the day (or before the day) bring a minimum of 6 good quality clothes or accessories (e.g. bags, shoes or good quality jewellery) and register with them
- You receive one token for each quality item you would like to swap
- Before the swap, you can enjoy yummy refreshments with friends while we get your clothes ready
- When everything is laid out, you get to go in, try on and swap your tokens for new clothes or accessories!!