Well what a fabbo session that was! Filled with lot's of tips and tricks from the ever so knowledgable Jess Van Den. Many thanks to all those who attended for their enthusiasm for all things creative and of course to Jess for captivating us once again.
Thanks again to all our fabulous volunteers who came early and stayed late to help the session run so smoothly and of course to everyone who brought along their sweet treats for morning tea, too!
Please read on for the top 5 tips from the day.....
::Social Networking for Creatives ::
Top 5 Tips from Jess Van Den
1) Twitter.com - is like a virtual cocktail party so be yourself and balance your tweets by the rule of 3rds: personal / business / sharing others work.
2) Facebook.com - set up a facebook page for your crafty biz and use the rule of 3rds as above to connect with your audience and keep it fresh.
3) Instagram - a great place to share all stages of your work - planning, making, finishing, packaging, the finished product...and even it wrapped up ready to post. To view and manage your photos online: Statigram
4) Pinterest.com - great for collecting images for your social media outlets as well as for connecting globally with like-minded creatives.
5) Blogging - Once again, be yourself and remember your aim should be to inform, entertain and teach. Share your work but don't make it all about you.
Last but not least, is a common thread lately and that is to get connected. Building strong relationships with other creatives breaks down barriers and fosters creativity.
Forums and Threads: Get connected with like-minded souls:
Speaking of getting connected...we'd love to kick our heels up with you all at this Friday's (Oct 26)
From 5pm - 9pm in King George Square, Brisbane
Then just around the green corner is our BrisStyle indie Eco Market on Nov 10.
So mark that in your diaries for one not to miss before the Nov 17 Market 101 Creative Development Session.
See you all then!
About BrisStyle Inc.
For less than a ball of yarn per week, you too can be a member of BrisStyle’sfabulous and fun crafty community.
BrisStyle aims to provide support and creative opportunities to independent artists, crafters and designers. BrisStyle membership is open to individual crafters, designers, artists, artisans and anyone else interested in craft, design and visual arts in Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
For a full list of BrisStyle membership benefits and application informationplease check out all the crafter friendly details HERE.
For more information about becoming a BrisStyle indie Marketeer please check out all the information HERE.
Thanks once again and we really look forward to sharing another great
Presented by BrisStyle Inc. and supported by the Brisbane City Council