Saturday, March 16, 2013

Meet the Maker - Image In Cafe

Hi there.  I hope you're having a fabulous Saturday.  Today we're in for a real treat with an interview with BrisStyle member, Sandrine Marsh and her new venture, Image In Cafe (please note, this interview is best read whilst imaging the captivating sounds of Sandrine's fabulous french accent)!!


How would you describe your work?
Image In Cafe is all about my passion for styling and photography.  I am here to help people shine!  I love to use natural light for my photography.  I create images for online listings, promotions, profiles, marketing material and anywhere else you need a nice shot of you do or make.  I love to connect with what I photograph, it makes me happy!

How did you start selling online/Etsy?
I have been involved in the craft world for quite some time now.  I started many moons ago with my label, SM Boutique and while it has been a fantastic learning experience, I have gently developed some side effects.  I discovered an amazing passion for styling and photography.  I also love being involved in the creative community and I like to be in the background helping out so my passions grew and developed over the past few years and it came to the stage where it felt right to start a journey of it's own!

Who or what inspires you?
I tend to get almost oversensitive to beauty in the little things around us.  The colour of the waves, the little shoots starting to grow in my garden pots...I am totally addicted to curating Etsy treasuries.  The beauty, the amazing creations and the colours, I get a real energy buzz from that visual feast!  I am also a self-confessed magazine addict, I constantly move furniture around my house and collect beautiful images amongst many other things.



Describe your studio/workspace?
My workspace is anywhere I can feel that soft light around me.  I have been building up a little collection of objects that I connect with, vintage pieces, old pieces of wood and metal.  Another big part of my work is done over my desk, editing, organising and of those little bits!

What is your favourite thing to make?
This is a hard question.  I feel happy when I am able to reach people with the images I create.  I love creating an atmosphere or being able to capture one.  I have a huge soft spot for food photography, maybe because I am also very passionate about food....eating and cooking it!!  My family wait patiently before they can take the first bite of the cookie batch.

How did your business/shop name come about?
Well it is all very simple...I am here to get you a great shot, right?  So I see Image In Cafe a place where you can relax and chat about your dreams while being surrounded by beautiful inspiring images.  So goes Image In Cafe!

Where do you see your creative journey taking you in the next 12 months?
I close my eyes and I wish that in the next 12 months I have made lots of people smile, produced many beautiful images and helped many creative people to achieve the image quality they deserve.  If they are happy and I helped in their road to success then I am happy I have completed my mission!
Images taken at Potato Studio in Laidley


Where can we find you online?
You can find my Etsy store for an idea of pricing and service at ImageInCafe.etsy.com
You can connect with me on Facebook at Facebook.com/ImageInCafe
I have a new blog at ImageInCafe.blogspot.com
A lot of people's projects are very unique so I encourage anyone to come and chat via my email at Sandrine.marsh@gmail.com

Thanks Sandrine and best wishes with your new venture!

xSam

1 comment:

Afrikitten said...

So nice to 'get to know' a bit more about Sandrine! The many, many stunning treasuries she has created have seen my designs go the Front Page a few times! Definitely has a keen eye for styling. I look forward to following the success of Imagine in Cafe.