Monday, July 21, 2014

Meet the Maker - Aimee Porter - Aimee Frankie Designs

Hi there and welcome to an other edition in our Meet the Maker series.  This week we're chatting to Aimee from Aimee Frankie Designs...


How would you describe your work?
Original hand printed designs, inspired by travelling.

How did you start selling online?
I originally heard of Etsy when I first began blogging. The idea of selling my 

own product online has always interested me and with Etsy that’s possible. 

Who or what inspires you?
I love the work by Florence Broadhurst. She is the reason I began screen‐
printing, the detail in her work is truly amazing.  

Travelling to different countries has certainly inspired a lot of my own 
designs. I love finding unique motifs that are iconic to a city. They can be 

easily missed if you’re trying to see everything in one day. 


Do you reduce, reuse, recycle as part of your creative process?
The cushion inserts I use are made from 100% recycled water bottles and plastics.

Describe your studio/workspace:
My studio is filled with lots of photo inspiration, colours and copious amounts of fabric. I also like to have inspiring quotes and affirmations to read while working. 

What is your favourite thing to make?
Cushions are my favourite item to design, having a visual merchandise 
background I have always believed that cushions and accessories are the 

finishing touches that bring the whole look together.  


How did your business name come about?
The name Aimee Frankie Designs originated from a vision I had of myself and how I imagined my life when I decided to move to Paris in 2012. My first name is Aimee and with my sausage dog Frankie, the name was created. 

Where do you see your creative journey taking you in the next 12 months?
In the next 12 months I would love to see the Aimee Frankie brand grow its 
online presence, be recognized within the Australian market and be available 

for purchase in selected stores across Australia.  

What is your favourite handmade item that you have bought?

A daisy bracelet I bought from the BrisStyle Twilight market years ago.  

Where can we find our more?
Find me on facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram via my website, Aimee Frankie Designs.

No comments: