Promotion is the key to getting your Etsy shop known and making it a household name. There are plenty of 'Quit Your Day Job' interviews and 'Featured Seller' posts on the Etsy blog that profile established Etsy sellers who share their journey to success. Below is a list of great promotional ideas for your Etsy store taken from some of these great 'Quit Your Day Job' and 'Featured Seller' articles:
- Use social networking outlets such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Start a blog.
- Write a monthly newsletter to send out to your fans/followers.
- List new items in your Etsy store regularly and renew items so that they stay at the top of search lists.
- If you make jewellery, clothing or accessories, WEAR THEM yourself! It's free advertising and it will often end up prompting a conversation about your shop.
- Attend markets and craft shows.
- Pay for a small advertising space on a like minded crafty site.