Monday, June 25, 2012

Etsy Success Sydney

I was recently lucky enough to be invited to Sydney to represent BrisStyle to talk at the Etsy Success Conference as part of the Vivid Sydney Festival on Effective Etsy Team Management and what a day it was!

The Etsy AU girls Angela and Kirsteene (along with their lovely helpers Kit and Renee) certainly know how to put on a great show and I hope more of these types of events will be hosted in Australia.


My partner in crime, Robyn (of Hot Fudge fame and one of the founding members of BrisStyle) joined me for the day and with view's like this we were in for a treat.


Robyn (Hot Fudge) and Melanie (Kimono Reincarnate) catching up

The crowds came from near and far, all ready to soak up some inspiration and network on the day with like minded peeps. It was fantastic to see some fellow BrisStylers come along to lend some support as well.




First up we got to hear Angela talk on her personal journey which has lead her to her current role with Etsy and then we heard from the ever inspiring Chad Dickerson (CEO of Etsy)  with his talk ‘Finding Your Courage’.



Next up was Danielle Maveal, head of Etsy's Seller Education.  In the old days of Etsy Street Teams, Robyn and I exchanged many emails with Danielle, so it was lovely to finally put a face to the name and what a wealth of information she is.



After lunch it was time for Robyn and I to take the stage and we were a little overwhelmed (but honoured) with the number of people that came to hear us speak. BrisStyle has been able to achieve so much in 4 short years and it was very humbling to receive such amazing feedback on the day about what a great job we are doing. 




All in all, it was an experience that I am very proud to have been apart of. I met some amazing and inspiring people and can't wait to put some of the things I learned on the day into practice. Huge thanks go to the amazing Etsy team (especially the girls here in Australia) as without them this event would not have been possible. 


The Etsy Gang
(L-R Andrew, Danielle, Kirsteene, Angela, Kruti, Kit, Leyland and Renee)

There was an amazing line up of speakers on the day it was really hard to pick just which sessions to attend. All the Speakers presentations from the day should be on-line soon so stay tuned and we will announce the links when we have them. You can also check out some more pictures from the day over on the Etsy AU Face book page albums and also search the #etsysucess tag on Instagram.



Bel x

Images with thanks from - 

4 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

It was such a great day and I was so thrilled to catch up with some old BrisStyle friends who travelled to Sydney for the occasion. It should be noted however that all I did was perch on that stool while Bel worked her wonderful magic. What a star.

Unknown said...

Girls

I can't thank you enough for the ability to win a double pass.

I booked my flights and accommodation and made arrangements for children to be minded, husband to be ok with it all and off I was.
My travel companion and friend who is a graphic designer and IT guru was most impressed as was I.

If it is on again next year - I will be there.

I am still in the process of setting up my etsy shop (myloulou) but will hopefully be in full swing soon.

Many thanks again and kindest regards

Lisa (Loulou from here i am loulou)

PS I was in the front row and loved your talk.

bubbachenille said...

Such great representitives of Brisstyle too, Well done girls and glad you had fun !

Hamilton Dietetics said...

Your blog is an interesting read!

It definitely is hard to try and change your lifestyle to a healthier one, but I am sure you will feel good about yourself in the future! Don't ever give up halfway.

Check out http://www.hamiltondietetics.com to aid you in your weight loss journey. You might just find something useful to motivate you on your journey!

Cheers