Friday, November 30, 2012

Crafty D.I.Y: fav recipes from our blog contributors

Hi,

Today we have decide to share the Christmas spirit by asking our "Brisstyle behind the scene team" to share with us some favourite recipes to inspire your festive season cooking!

Belinda (behing the label Liddle apples) is sharing her Gingerbread biscuits recipe:

Samantha (behing the label Jetta's Nest) is sharing her famous Cacao Date balls!


Cacao Date Balls (or Power Balls as we like to call them)
1/2 cup cashews, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/4 cup pepitos, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup sultanas, 1 cup of fresh dates (I usually need more but one cup is a good start), 2 generous tablespoons of raw cacao powder (you can use cocoa or carob but the flavour from cacao is second to none), a drizzle of vanilla.  Whizz everything together in a food processor to form a smooth thick paste.  It will come together in a lumpy clump when it's good to go so you may need to add more dates to get the right consistency.  I whizz for a bit longer then to get my nuts and seeds quite tiny and the whole mix quite smooth.  Roll into little balls (I use my melon baller to get the right quantity, if you do this too, wet it first so the mix doesn't stick) and roll in coconut (littlest boys favourite job).  Put them in the fridge for a bit to chill and harden up then eat with coffee or hot chocolate or on their own!


Image Courtesy Jetta's Nest blog
And on my side...
I truly love baking, cooking...eating :) lol

But it seems like savoury tarts are definitely my all time favourite when the weather is beautiful and we like to go on picnics!
I also bake Gluten free so you may find it helpful if you have some diets restrictions with gluten or your guests do have some...

You can click here and find all the crunchy details of my 
Image Source 


We hope we have inspired you!!

Happy Friday!

Sandrine x



1 comment:

kuber... said...

I must say that on the weekend I tried Sam's Cacao Date Balls recipe - FAR out! They are AWESOME! I have found my christmas go-to recipe - I love that there's no gluten or sugar or anything bad in them at all. I found that I may have added a few too many dates (because I thought the mix wasn't sticking together at all) but found that after a good long blast in the food processor (longer that I thought would be possible!) suddenly it all came together into a moist ball, and just about shook the kitchen apart!
Thanks you so much for sharing!