Located in Clontarf on the Redcliffe Peninsula, the PAA shelter was established in 1971. Staffed entirely by volunteers, the PAA is dedicated to the care and re-homing of stray and abandoned cats and dogs.
The PAA does not receive government funding and raises much needed funds by washing dogs in weekend hydro-baths, holding sausage sizzles and fetes and from generous public donations.
If you would like to assist the PAA in alleviating animal suffering, here are some ways you can help:
- By purchasing a raffle ticket at this Saturday's BrisStyle Indie Eco Market. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. You could win a basketful of handmade goodies and all proceeds will go to the shelter!
- By donating an item of need for the shelter at the BrisStyle Inc. promo stand. More information can be found here.
- By volunteering at the shelter. As mentioned previously, the PAA is staffed entirely by volunteers. If you would like to assist in the cattery and dog kennels especially on Saturdays from 8am to 2pm please contact the PAA shelter. Contact details can be found here.
- By making a tax deductible donation.
- By sponsoring a pen at the shelter.
- By purchasing a 2011 PAA calendar. These will be availabe at the BrisStyle Indie Eco Market.
So come along to the BrisStyle Indie Eco Market this Saturday, November 6, from 9-2pm at St. Augustine's Church Grounds and Hall, Raceourse Road, Hamilton, and show your support for this wonderful local charity.
Thanks for promoting such a great cause for these beautiful animals!
Post a Comment