Monday, February 27, 2017

Delightful Beads

Let's say hello to Marissa from Delightful Beads.

Hi Marissa so firstly we'd love to know if you were creative as a child? 

I was more of a tomboy.

Do you come from a creative family? 

Yes, my Mother was a very creative artist and my Father sculpts.

How would you describe your work? 

I believe it’s modern and obviously handmade. 
A lot of it is very sparkly.

How has your work evolved since you started?

It is a lot simpler now.

How did you start selling on Etsy?

Just applied and am still posting listings from pieces I did a while ago!

Who or what inspires you?

Artisans on YouTube who are at the top of their game as well as nature and Pinterest.

Do you reduce, reuse, recycle as part of your creative process?   

Yes. All Silver and Copper are recycled. Beads & findings from necklaces no longer needed are reused and eco-friendly? 

Describe your workspace?  

I have a great work space with lots of storage and high and low tables and every imaginable tool or gadget known to man!



Do you have a favourite thing to make?

That’s a hard question for me because I work in so many media. They are all very satisfying but I would have to say Precious Metal Clay is so amazing in that you have a chunk of clay, modify and heat it and voila your piece is now silver.
Where do you see your creative journey taking you in the next 12 months?

I definitely need to do more work to my website and Etsy shop.

Do you have a top tip to others wanting to break into the creative market?

Keep it simple.

Can you describe a typical creative day for you?

It would start early and depending on what I am doing work through most of the day with 20 minute breaks throughout, sometimes into the night.

Do you have a favourite quote you would like to share with us?  

”If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Do like to listen to music or watch a favourite movie while creating?

Very occasionally I enjoy classical music, but nine out of ten, silence.



Do you have a favourite handmade item made by someone other than yourself?

I received as a gift a beautiful almost steampunk porcelain heart in powder blue from an artist friend.

Where can we find you online?

www.delightfulbeads.com.au   
www.facebook.com/delightfulbeads   
www.Etsy.com/au/shop/DelightfulBeadsAus

 How long have you been a member of brisstyle?

I would say about 18 months to two years.



How did you find out about BrisStyle? 

When looking for markets to sell at I came across BrisStyle and put in an application form.

Why did you become a member? 

I like how BrisStyle runs it’s business - they are a smooth, efficient and very friendly team.

Why do you craft? 

It keeps me busy and keeps my creative vein pulsing.

Thank you Marissa.

No comments: