The Softies for Mirabel Christmas Craft Appeal is in its 5th year and once again Pip from meet me at mikes is calling on the crafty community to get behind this worthwhile cause. With such an amazing, generous and crafty community here in Brisbane we thought you may be interested in making a softie to donate to the appeal.
For those of you who don't know about the Softies for Mirabel Appeal it is a worldwide softie drive which encourages crafty peeps to make and donate handmade toys for the children supported by The Mirabel Foundation. The Mirabel Foundation assists children who have been orphaned or abandoned due to parental illicit drug use and are now in the care of extended family.
The softies received will be exhibited in Melbourne (hooray!) as well as showcased on the meet me at mikes blog and in this online gallery. After they have been shown off to the nation they will be given to The Mirabel Foundation who will distribute them to children just in time for Christmas.
Some important details:
- Softies can be knitted, crocheted or sewn.
- The softies don't have to be made super professionally (so even beginners can get involved), just make sure they don't fall apart!
- Get your crafty group or friends involved!
- Remember that some of the toys will be going to little babies so toys with no buttons and choking hazards are also required.
- For more details pop over to the meet me at mikes blog.
- Oh-Oh the Owl by One Red Robin
- Pointy Kitty by Wee Wonderfuls
- Anna Panda by Molly Chicken
- Scotty Dog by allsorts
- Little Birds by Ric rac
Excellent cause - excellent call girls! Getting right behind it.
Yes it is such a great cause to join!I sent my little one last year and will do again this year hopefully a few (I might be optimistic :)?!)Thanks for the reminder ladies xx
You're most welcome. Everyone deserves a little bit of handmade joy at Christmas. The work the Mirabel Foundation does is just fantastic!
Post a Comment